Monday, August 17, 2009

MarquisMark's "Week of Geek"

With work finished for the summer, I effectively have a three week vacation to spend doing as I very well please. I promised myself that I would dive into this blog headfirst, and so begins what I have dubbed my "Week of Geek". I plan to play an obscene amount of games that have been piling up and collecting dust, compile a few reviews, do a classic game review or two, and just generally comment on a few things that I've been dying to get off my chest and/or brain.

I'm going to start by promoting the hell out of EA Canada's NHL franchise, because despite winning Sports Game of the Year awards out the wazoo over the last few years it seems to disappear beneath the current of other games, especially the behemoth that is Madden.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be posting an equally celebratory review of Etrian Odyssey, a niche RPG that, similarly to NHL 09 and its elder cousins, seems to be getting overlooked.

By the time the week's out, there should be a wealth of posts on various different topics and games. I'll see if I can get Clair in the act, but unfortunately for her, she's still working full-time for another few weeks.

On with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment