Monday, July 6, 2009

Look, let me go back in there and face the peril: A Start.

I am unaware (see: confused) of how to begin such an endeavor (see: beginning this video game blog) so I will just jump right in there. Hello…everyone. Welcome to our video game blog. Ahem. Are you comfortable? Yes… indeed.

This idea came to my boyfriend Mark (MarquisMark) and myself after skimming through sites like Kotaku, The Brainy Gamer and Sexy Videogameland and thinking: “we also have thoughts… let us project them”.

We play games (or we like to think we play games) somewhat intellectually. We discuss and critique, debate and review between ourselves, and now, of course, for those who read this little blog. We look at everything from the merit and importance of story to how bitchingly thrilling it is to blow things up (see: heads, via Fallout 3). Basically we play all kinds of games, all across the board, and want to discuss them here. This blog will include our thoughts and reviews in form of videos, audio clips, pictures and text. If that sounds like it’s your cup of tea, you should stick around.

And now some little bits about me -

Games I am currently playing and have very recently finished:

I just finished playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All on the DS. I am also about to finish Chrono Trigger (I literally just beat Lavos and the game is on pause waiting for me to return), this being an all time favorite it’s my sixth time or so finishing it. I am currently playing Fallout 3 for the second time. I finished it first on the PS3, however this is before DLC was announced for PS3. So I acquired a copy for XBOX 360 and am now working my way across the wastes again. I have been playing Left 4 Dead and have been stalled in my play through of Oblivion. I believe my next game to tackle after I get a dent in Fallout is Portal and Bioshock, both games I have watched to completion, just not being the one behind the controller.

My favorite system of all time: SNES

My favorite games of all time:

Tetris (no “obviously you’re a girl” comments please)
Super Mario World
Starcraft
Chrono Trigger

What I’ll be writing about:

At the moment I am fairly Fallout obsessed, so I assume some of my first posts will be regarding aspects of the game that really stand out to me, as well as taking a look into some of, in my opinion, the more brilliant side quests, and their integrity. Other than that I’ll post my thoughts on any games I’m playing/replaying and perhaps do some reviews of old favorites.

If you have any comments, recommendations or questions feel free to get in touch with me. I’m really friendly, and am pretty much an open book.

Stay electric,
-clair

1 comment:

  1. I love the phrase "bitchingly thrilling". Finally starting to read your blog. Excited!

    ReplyDelete